What are the expected outcomes of the programme?
- Achieve significant paradigm shift in the mindset of trainees so as to be able to take advantage of available opportunities to gain the world of work.
Reduce to the barest minimum the number of years between graduation to employment for participants
Increase significantly the employability of trainees or participants
Grow substantially the number of participants willing and able to take entrepreneurial endeavours.
How does this programme fit into existing teaching and training?
It complements entirely the current teaching and training by exposing participants to skills that will enable them to either generate employment for self and/or become employable by others.
What is the cost of the programme to participating students?
The programme comes absolutely free! It is funded by the state government alongside private sector partners.
How do you register?
- · Go to www.readysetwork.com.ng and click on the register button
- · Fill the online application form, upload required documents and click on submit
- · You will receive an email notifying you that your application has been received and is being processed.
- · Successful candidates will be contacted via email as well as by sms
What is the uniqueness of the programme curriculum?
It is a private sector led curriculum and content development that is fully cognizant of the current dictates of the Nigerian labour market.
Who are the programme facilitators?
The entire programme will be facilitated by industry professionals armed with best practices.
Who is providing the internship and mentorship opportunities?
Internship and mentorship opportunities will be provided by private sector partner organizations.
How is this programme different from the usual skill acquisition programme?
Most skill acquisition programme is concerned with training in a craft while this programme will train participants on how to turn a craft into a business endeavour that can provide employment for self as well as two other persons.
How can one be sure that this programme will be sustained?
It has a significant buy in from private sector partners added to the fact that the capacity of each participating institution will be developed to deliver it on their own on the long run.
Whatever is free is usually not valued, how will the programme address this mindset?
The programme has a high attendance and participation rate that must be attained before the participants can qualify to receive the certificate of programme completion which will be issued at the end of the programme only to deserving participants.
In which centers will the programme hold this year (2017)?
- ReadySetWork has expanded this year and will take place simultaneously in
- Lagos State University, (LASU), Ojo
- University of Lagos, (UNILAG), Akoka
- Lagos State Polytechnic, (LASPOTECH), Ikorodu
These 3 centers will serve as training hubs for students from the 6 targeted tertiary institutions in Lagos State.
What exactly is the plan for students in their penultimate years?
- For the first time, students in their penultimate years (i.e. 300L for a 4-year course or 2nd Year in a 3-Year Course or 400L in a 5-Year course etc) will be able to take part in ReadySetWork. They will be able to participate through an “Online Academy” designed to prepare and prequalify them for the Final Year ReadySetWork programme when they enter their final year. Simply click on Register and then Penultimate Year to fill the form for Penultimate Year and you will be contacted shortly.
Does the programme cater for students in the teaching profession as well?
- Yes, we have ReadyTeachers. This year, RSW introduces the teacher track for final year students at Lagos State teacher training colleges/colleges of education. ReadyTeachers will prepare students for the 21st century, borderless classroom by equipping them with global-standard teaching techniques and skills.