Mr. Uyi Akpata is the Country Senior Partner for PwC Nigeria and Regional Senior Partner for the West Market Area.
He is also PwC’s Africa Oil and Gas leader.
He has particular interest in the Energy and Utilities industries and for over fifteen years, led various engagement teams serving large multinationals including ExxonMobil, Chevron and ENI and of integrated and emerging regional Oil & Gas companies, such as Oando and Sahara Group.
He has served in numerous leadership positions within the Nigeria Firm including being Head of Energy Utilities and Mining Services for Nigeria and a member of the Global Oil & Gas leadership team.
From 2008 to June 2012, he served as Chairman of the Governance Board of Africa Central and was also Deputy Country Senior Partner for PwC Nigeria.
He speaks frequently on issues affecting the Oil & Gas Industry, the Accounting profession and the Professional services sector in general, sharing insights on current developments and how they will shape the future of business globally.
Country Senior Partner for PwC Nigeria and Regional Senior Partner for the West Market area Partner (2014-Present)
Partner PwC Nigeria (1998-2014)
Partner Coopers & Lybrand Consulting (1992-1998)
Bachelors Degree, Accounting (University of Lagos) (1984)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria
- Member of the Institute’s Faculty on Audit and Forensic Accounting.
- PwC global orientation audit training
- Petroleum Academy – Petroleum activities in the Gulf of Guinea
- IFRS Training (Principle to Practice)
- PwC Global Risk Management Training
- PwC Global Ethics and Independence Training
- Oil and Gas Industry Insight Training